Sunday, April 11, 2010

Workshopping


So this week in English, our class had print off 15 copies of a paper that we wanted to read in front of class that we thought that we would have the most trouble on. We do this so that we can hear what our own papers sound like and so that our classmates can gives us some really good feedback. This method of revision is called "Workshopping".

When I read my paper out load it sounded really choppy. It sounded even worse because I stuttered quit a bit when reading it. Even thought this was an extremely horrific experience, it helped me no how to really improve my paper. I got a lot of feed back from everyone. After I got back all the feed back, I went to work on improving my paper.I think that this will be one of my best papers that I have ever written. I am pretty happy with my success.

Next week I am going to go to the Writing Center to do this workshopping thing on my other papers. We will see how that goes next week. I hope that it will go well. I really hate doing revisions so workshopping is the best way for me to understand what I did wrong and how I should fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment