Starting in the summer of 2008 an art program was started call the Art Reach Program. The seniors of 2008 and the art teachers are that ones that started the program. I was one of those seniors. It was made to be like a summer school program so the students can get a credit for it. The first project was a mural downtown Elkhart on the Elkhart Chamber Plaza. The mural is of an over all history of Elkhart from that tribes that use to be there to the children of today. The picture at the top left of this blog is a picture of the mural. This is that image that I am using for project 2 in my English for community values. I feel that this is the perfect image to show community values.
This is the second mural that was done in the summer of 2009. This is a copy of a photo of what Elkhart used to look like way back when. This painting is still on the history of Elkhart but more specific to what it use to look like back in the day. I believe that this mural looks much better then the first one done in 2008. I say this because we knew how to do it now so it came out better. I plan on adding this mural on to my paper later on in the year.
These are very impressive. I'm really looking forward to reading your paper on them.
ReplyDelete