On Feb. 23 @ 7:30 pm in Pruis Hall there was the speaker Ted Koppel. Ted Koppel is a very famous man in the Journalism World. Ted Koppel was a very interesting man. He was funny and boring at the same time.
Ted started off the night with a pretty funny joke. I loved it! After his brilliant introduction he made it quite clear that this night was not going to be speaking the whole time, because that would be boring, but it was going to be a night about asking some questions to get some answers. I think that was a really good idea to keep the people interested and not fall asleep.
Ted had talked a little bit before he started the questions about money and war. Things that are important today. He explained was a trillion dollars deficit was and how long it take to get to that amount. He also kind of explained the war in Iraq and what is going in on there and telling us that it was a need. Some of what he was saying was confusing but amusing.
Almost all of the question that the people asked I did not understand. That would probably be because I am not a big media fan like over half of the people there. The only thing that I could understand was when he talked about the difference between Fact and Truth. He said what if Obama said that Ted Koppel was a drug dealer. The fact would be that Obama said it but that does not mean it would be the truth. I thought that was a great example. It was clear and to the point.
All in all Ted had kept my interest even though out the whole night even though I did not understand most of what he was saying.I would not mind listening to him talk on Night Line or National Public Radio (NPR).
No comments:
Post a Comment